Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Quick update

This isn't meant to be anything more than just a really quick word about my trip so far. I landed safely and am now settling in to my new home in Stellenbosch. To describe my first impression, all I can say is: I LOVE IT. The beauty, the weather, the landscape, the people, it's all pretty much the most awesome thing ever. I really like my program and the people on it. I ate springbok last night, which is kind of like an antelope (it tastes like beef). Anyways, I'll be updating this more next week as I get more settled in, but for now, all I can say is...

Stellenbosch freakin rocks.

4 comments:

Anastasia said...

I am so happy to hear that you've arrived safely and are enjoying your new surroundings! I look forward to more posts and amazing pictures in the future! Be safe, friend!

gabe said...

Hey your blog is now among my bookmarks. Below wikipedia but above weather.com. Keep up the good work and maybe you can bump the nyt from the #1 spot.

Unknown said...

today at lunch we busted the myth that a slice of pineapple can't make anything worse. Milk. worse with pineapple. Someone also suggested meatballs.

Anyway, woo. I actually read your blog. sweet love, old friend.

gabe said...

I maintain that the milk was just as good. And you don't know about meatballs until you try.